We offer Counselling and Psychotherapy services in respect of an extensive range of personal life problems such as:
- Relationship / Marriage / Family difficulties
- Anxiety / Panic
- Sexual abuse / assault
- Psycho-sexual problems
- Eating problems
- Adolescent difficulties
Some people may also choose to attend counselling or psychotherapy without having a specific problem or issue, but rather because they wish to pursue their own personal development work in the hope of achieving more of their potential so as to live life in a more meaningful and fulfilling way.
All counsellors and psychotherapists working in the Centre practise within a humanistic or person-centered orientation. This means that the focus in the therapy process is on the personal, subjective experience of the client. The person’s own inner wisdom, freedom, and responsibility for self are regarded as central to the process.
Everyone seeking help is recognised as having an embodied, spiritual, psychological and social life. While each person’s individuality and uniqueness is respected, we also recognise that within each of us there are depths that reach beyond our individuality and through which our lives are sustained and have meaning.
All Professional Counsellors and Psychotherapists in the Centre are required to:
- Have completed a recognised professional training programme
- Have received professional accreditation (or approaching accreditation) from either the Irish Council for Psychotherapy or the Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Attend regular clinical supervision for their work
- Participate in ongoing personal and professional development
- Abide by the DCTC Code of Professional Ethics & Practice and the codes of practice of their accrediting bodies
Student Counsellors are required to:
- Have successfully completed at least two years of a recognised professional training programme
- Attend regular Clinical Supervision meetings
- Continue to engage in training and personal development work
- Abide by the DCTC Code of Professional Ethics & Practice
Individual and group supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists are offered at the Centre by accredited supervisors.
Counselling and psychotherapy services are offered on both a fee-paying basis and a low-cost option. Where an individual’s circumstances are such that a low-cost option is required, a reduced rate is negotiated in accordance with the person’s means, and in exceptional cases there may be no fee.
If you would like to avail of our services or to receive more information, please contact us »